Grow with us, and have a part in making Huron Tractor the “Right Choice” for our Customers!
Huron Tractor is one of John Deere’s largest partners in Canada, with eleven locations servicing Southern Ontarians. We’re proud to serve a community of customers that spans agricultural operations, commercial enterprises and homeowners, with one of the largest inventories of machines and parts in Canada.
Delivery Driver – Yard Coordinator
Location: Thamesford, Ontario
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Why Huron Tractor?
Our commitment to great customer service starts with the great people on our team. We take pride in helping our employees develop careers that reward, enrich and grow with the individual.
- Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training
- Competitive compensation
- RRSP’s and extended benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Future Growth Opportunities
- Excellent team environments with a Social Committee that plans great events
This position reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for delivering turf equipment in the City of London as well as Elgin, Oxford & Middlesex Counties.
- Performing pre-trip inspections on equipment loads, while ensuring safety and roadworthiness prior to leaving the store with the load
- Delivery of Small Ag and Turf products
- Manually handling heavy loads and weight – handle up to 23kg (50 pounds)
- Checking all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Instruct customer on proper & safe operation of equipment
- Performing facility & yard maintenance
- Loading and unloading deliveries of equipment
- May perform some service work on equipment
- Complying with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, and occupational health and safety
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Valid class A Driver’s license with a clear driving abstract
- 2 years of experience would be preferred
- Ability to operate a forklift, training will be provided.
- Experience with Agricultural machinery would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision Flexible to work scheduled and extended hours
Please forward your resume with cover letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will be posted until filled.
Huron Tractor is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
“Accommodations will be made for applicants with disabilities”